The Staff Experience
The Staff Experience
Make A Difference This Summer!
A job at camp is a big deal!
You’re excited about being a part of something bigger than yourself. You love kids. You get to be a positive role model for hundreds of teens and help them find out who they are and who they want to become. You know that even the smallest interactions can have a huge impact.
TY’s staff is comprised primarily of college students, graduates, and educators, many of whose own lives have been enriched by Tel Yehudah and the Young Judaea experience. We hire staff who embody Tel Yehudah’s values and want to share their own unique experiences to create the amazing community and high-quality programs we enjoy each summer.
We have high expectations. Our staff must exhibit maturity, sound judgment, dependability, and a willingness to put our teens ahead of themselves. Our staff are, first and foremost, positive role models for our teens who dedicate their summers to a common purpose: enriching their campers’ lives and creating a meaningful and fun experience!
A unique component of our staff is the large delegation of Israelis who enrich the cultural aspect of our programming and further our goal of connecting our campers to the Jewish homeland. Staff members from other countries help further enhance the international flavor of camp and introduce a greater diversity of perspectives within our community.
If you want a fun and challenging experience that will provide you with personal and professional growth and development, join the Tel Yehudah staff.
You’re right for our team if you…
- Care about making a difference in the lives of teenagers
- Love collaborating with others and being part of a team
- Communicate well and adapt to different groups and scenarios
- Are enthusiastic, have a sense of humor, and love to have fun!
- Are open-minded and solution-oriented
- Have a lot of energy and are able to work outside with kids for several hours at a time
- Accept feedback and guidance, both from supervisors, as well as peers
- Possess the ability to assess and promote positive behavior, enforce policies to maintain safety and well-being, and manage challenging situations
- Are excited to forge friendships that will last long after the summer ends
- Want to live in an immersive Jewish community and deepen your connection to Judaism and Israel
- Believe that different ideas and perspectives are awesome and you’re excited to learn and grow, along with our teens
- Are willing to go above and beyond to ensure the most amazing experiences for our teens
Tel Yehudah operates an eight-week summer season comprised of two month-long sessions for campers. Staff report to camp one to two weeks earlier than the campers for mandatory staff training and orientation. During “staff week” we move in and set up cabins and equipment around camp. Important training sessions are held on camp policies and procedures, program development, games, and behavior management. Plus, we make sure we all meet each other, build friendships and create a strong and cohesive team. The week is packed, we work hard, but it is also a lot of fun.