Hadracha (Current 10th & 11th Graders)
HADRACHA (Current 10th & 11th Graders)
|DATES||GRADE IN FALL 2021||TUITION|| EARLY BIRD TUITION
(BEFORE OCTOBER 15TH) TRIP FEE
|June 23 - August 4||9||$7,500||$7,200 $250|
|BLOC||DATES||TUITION||EARLY BIRD TRIP FEE|
|Bloc 1: Explore||June 23-July 7||$3000||$2900|
|Bloc 2: Experience||July 7 -July 21||$3000||$2900 $250|
|Bloc 3: Act||July 21 - August 4||$3000||$2900|
|2 Blocs (4 weeks)||$5500|| $5300 $250
*visit Rates and Dates for additional information Tuition and Discounts.
THE HADRACHA EXPERIENCE
Join us for Tel Yehudah’s pinnacle summer, Hadracha! In Hadracha, we encourage you to explore, experience and act in different areas of your choosing. Through our “build-your-own” summer options, like Tracks and Tikun Groups, you will have the opportunity to design your day with multiple focuses in mind. Tracks like arts, sports, peer leadership and more allow you to find an area of interest for you to dive deeper with. Tikun Groups (social-action focused groups) focus on challenges we are currently facing today like climate change, human trafficking, gun safety, race relations, and more. And of course we also know we can’t forget the BEST traditional camp experiences like: activities with your bunk, rikud (Israeli dance), special days in camp, time to just chill with your friends, and campwide events! Oh and did we mention the chance to be a Maccabia CAPTAIN?!
Join the Tel Yehudah and Young Judaea activism tradition. Join us this summer!
Hadracha teens will:
- Choose which of today’s most important issues you care most about and over the course of the summer explore that issue and develop an activism action plan with other teens.
- Gain practical skills by taking part in one of our “Tracks,” a series of workshops for teens to focus on a specific skill set (art, social outreach, sports, etc.
- Bloc 1: Explore – we will discover so many things: new communities, the Delaware river, peer leadership, sports, social action, arts, outdoors, Israel and more. The world is our (kosher) oyster. Some special highlights include: Gimel – our on-site overnight camping experience, Maccabia, and more!
- Bloc 2: Experience – we will push ourselves to go out into the world and try as much as we can! Through special out-of-camp trips you will put into practice what you have learned about in the weeks (or days) leading up to the Washington, DC four day trip
- Bloc 3: Act – we will work on what we can do at camp and in our communities with all the information and experiences we just had. Some special highlights include Maccabia, Delaware River Rafting, and more!
*Checkout the sample Seder Yom (Daily Schedule) here!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Room and board within our furnashed cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious, and kosher meals a day
- $5 stipend for snacks and treats from our canteen PER BLOC
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescriptio medicines
- Dnamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry service
- 24/7 on-site security services
- Transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport (EWR) on opening and closing days
IS HADRACHA FOR ME?
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 10th or 11th grade;
- Interested in social activism;
- Looking for a fun and impressive resume-building summer experience;
- Open to getting a taste of “college life” by living in a college dormitory for three days;
- Want to meet and live with Jewish teens from around the world